The Census 2020 Outreach Grant Program is a funding tool to support grassroots efforts promoting awareness and participation in the 2020 Census across Pennsylvania. The program focuses on supporting efforts that target hard-to-count populations including, but not limited to, those who do not speak English as their primary language; ethnic minority, immigrant, and rural communities; children; the elderly; the LGBTQ population; and individuals experiencing homelessness.
Funds may be used for, but are not limited to:
- Local media buys, such as print, television, and radio advertisements.
- Sponsorship of Census related events in the community.
- Equipment rentals, such as technology for Census participation.
- Event costs related to Census outreach and activities, which have no religious component.
- Administrative costs of the applicant necessary to administer the grant. Administrative costs will include documented 2020 Census related staff expenses such as travel, letterhead, and other related costs. Administrative costs shall not exceed 2% of the grants.
Eligible applicants for the Census 2020 Outreach Grant Program include, but are not limited to:
- Non-profit organizations incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including religious institutions and faith-based organizations.
- Institutions of higher education.
Grants up to $50,000.
Grants are awarded to those projects which, in the judgment of the Census Review Team, comply with the provisions of these program guidelines and meet all requirements of DCED’s Single Application for Assistance. Costs incurred from January 1, 2020 can be considered eligible if the cost meets all other eligibility requirements per the program guidelines. See guidelines for additional information on terms, eligibility, and evaluation criteria.
How to Apply
The Single Application must be submitted online at Single Application. For assistance in completing the Single Application, call 1.800.379.7448.
Electronic applications will be accepted from 01/15/2020 through 02/14/2020.