Penn State Family Literacy Certificate
Register NOW for Spring 2020
ADTED 459: Interactive Literacy and Parent Involvement:
Supporting Academic Success
A limited number of SCHOLARSHIPS are available each year for students enrolled in the Family Literacy Certificate. Scholarship recipients will receive 25% off tuition for the first three courses and 50% off the fourth course, for a total scholarship package of approximately $3500. Scholarship recipients will gain a world-class education at a reduced cost. Applications will be accepted until all scholarships have been awarded. For more information go to: https://ed.psu.edu/goodling-
Key features of PSU’s 12-credit Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Family Literacy:
- Offered online through Penn State’s nationally recognized World Campus.
- 3-credit post-baccalaureate courses.
- Helps professionals gain high quality, research-based knowledge about family literacy.
- Act 48-approved provider for PA educators; may count toward professional development hours.
- Credits can be used toward electives for other World Campus programs, including Master of Education degrees in Lifelong Learning and Adult Education and Curriculum and Instruction.
Family Literacy Certificate Courses
- Spring 2020
- Interactive Literacy and Parent Involvement: Supporting Academic Success (ADTED 459) examines research and practice pertaining to parent involvement, interactions with schools, and building literacy and language interactions between parents and their young children (including English language learners).
- Summer 2020
- Adult Literacy (ADTED 457)
- Fall 2020
For information about the Certificate and Scholarship, contact Dr. Beth McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-432-3498, link to http://www.worldcampus.psu.
Be sure to check us out on Facebook!