Pre – K Family Literacy Facilitator
Leads all aspects of designing, planning, coordinating and implementing a high quality family literacy project including oversight of monitoring and evaluation. Responsible for developing community relationships with community literacy supports.
- Maintain strong relationships with National Raising a Reader, as well as affiliates.
- Works cooperatively with program staff( Program Coordinators, Family Service Workers and Teachers)
- Develops strong connections with community Adult Basic Education, GED, ESL resources in the community.
- Attend Raising A Reader Coordinator training, and coordinate with staff and families who will also attend the trainings.
- Communicate at least once annually with Raising a Reader liaison at the national headquarters.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct family training series as outlined.
- Prepare and hold a kickoff orientation for families and staff and initiate distribution of Book Bag Kits.
- Design / Oversee a database to store contact information for funding and program partners and to track Book Bag Kit distribution.
- Train volunteers for their role in the weekly bag rotations.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations and monitoring of programs to ensure consistency of high quality services.
- Maintain budget and submit progress and final reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or related field.
Five (5) years of experience working with young children and families.
Experience with large and small group trainings.
(Spanish / English) Bi-lingual preferred
Monday – Friday; Includes traveling to 3 sites throughout the Philadelphia area.
Pay Rate: $ 25.50
KenCrest offers a wide variety of benefits for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more. Please see the KenCrest website for additional details.